Are you getting married in Delhi or NCR? If so, you’ll need to register your marriage with the government. This blog post will tell you everything you need about marriage registration in Delhi & NCR, including what documents you’ll need and where to go. Read on to learn more!
The Process of Marriage Registration in Delhi & NCR
Marriage registration is a legal process that allows the government to track marriages within its jurisdiction. In Delhi & NCR, marriage registration can be done online or offline. We’ll outline both procedures below.
If you choose to register your marriage offline in Delhi & NCR, you’ll need to visit the office of the sub-divisional magistrate in your area. You can find a list of all sub-divisional magistrates in Delhi & NCR here.
Offline Marriage Registration in Delhi & NCR:
When you arrive at the office, you’ll need to fill out a form that includes information about both spouses, such as your full names, fathers’ names, mothers’ names, addresses, occupations, and ages. You will also need to provide information about your marriage, such as the date and location of the ceremony. Once you have completed the form, you will need to submit it along with several other documents, including:
- Proof of identity for both spouses (e.g., passport, voter ID card)
- Proof of age for both spouses (e.g., birth certificate)
- Photos of both spouses
- Photos of the marriage ceremony
- A copy of the marriage invitation
- A copy of the marriage certificate issued by the priest/pandit who officiated the ceremony
- affidavits from both spouses attesting to their marital status (e.g., single, divorced, widowed)
- affidavits from two witnesses attesting to the fact that they witnessed the marriage ceremony
After submitting all of these documents, you will be given a receipt. The marriage registration process will be complete once the registrar has processed your application and issued a marriage certificate, which can take up to four weeks.
Online Marriage Registration in Delhi & NCR:
If you choose to register your marriage online in Delhi & NCR, you can do so through the Apni Sarkar e-Services portal. Before beginning the process, ensure you have all the required documents listed above. You will also need a scanned copy of each document in PDF format (each file should not exceed 500 kb). Once you have all of these things ready, follow these steps:
1) Visit https://edistrictdelhi.nic.in/ and click on “Apply For” → “Marriage Certificate” → “Create New User.”
2) Enter your details into the form and click “Submit.” Once your account has been created, log in with your username and password.
3) Click on “Apply For Services” → “Marriage Certificate” and select “Application for New Certificate.”Fill out the form carefully and click “Submit.” Please note that fields marked with an asterisk (*) are mandatory. You will also need to upload scanned copies of all required documents during this step. After clicking “Submit,” take note of your application number—you will need it later.
4) Next, click on “Payment” and select “SBI e-Pay.” Enter your application number when prompted and click “Proceed.” You will be redirected to SBI’s website, where you can complete payment using any major credit/debit card or net banking account. Once payment is complete, take note of your transaction ID—you will need it later.
5) Finally, click on “Track Status” → “By Application No.” Enter your application number and transaction ID when prompted and click “Track Status.” If your application has been processed successfully, you should see a message saying that your marriage certificate is ready for pickup from the SDM office concerned, along with pickup date & time information. Please note that it can take up to four weeks for an application to be processed successfully.
We hope this blog post has given you a better understanding of how marriage registration works in Delhi & NCR. If you have any questions or if we can be of any assistance during this process, please do not hesitate to get in touch with us!